Thursday, June 25, 2015

No Poo week 4

As I near the end of my first month of pooing my hair with baking soda and then following that with apple cider vinegar, I have a few more things I've noticed about my hair and the method I am using which still sounds crazy to say.

1. Sometimes my hair feels like it has baking soda in it when it's dry. I've noticed this texture difference happens if I apply coconut oil to my damp hair after a wash.

2. The apple cider vinegar is not like a commercial conditioner! It slightly softens your hair but doesn't do much for the tangles. You still have to brush, brush, brush! The major difference is that it makes all that brushing more manageable.

3. This may be a given but my hair doesn't smell fresh and clean like flowers like it did with commercial products. I think I may need to refresh it with some kind of spray. Maybe i can make one out of Distilled water and essential oils such as  lavender or lemon oil?  I did just buy some rose oil I could try. Hmm...

Have you tried the no - poo method? Follow me on Twitter or subscribe to my posts for more updates on my adventures into d.i.y. leave a comment,  I'd love to hear from you!  😊

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting!! Thanks so much for stopping by! Glad you liked the post!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Treat and Trick. Actually bread and cake are 2 different food in texture and method of making them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of friends said they tried it and felt that it dried their hair out and made it brittle. I think I will stick to using shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there if you have a newer place for me to chat please let me know. Thanks for dropping by anyhoo. I use something called "No Poo" for my hair because it goes ape shit when I shampoo it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your well wishes!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete